Board Support Solutions
At LK Secretarial Solutions we offer two different approaches to the specialty of Board support. The first is minute taking and the other is a complete secretariat solution.
We are experienced at supporting boards of all sizes and at all levels.
If only minutes are required or too much time is being spent rewriting poorly drafted minutes, this is a good solution.
- Minute-taking in person, over zoom or by audio and/or video recordings
- Minutes are drafted and sent for review within a week.
Minute-takers could be used for:
- when there is administration support available to a Board, but not the specialist skill of a minute-taker
- personnel discussions where a comprehensive record of the discussion is required
- Annual General Meetings
- Shareholder meetings
- Boards of Trustees.
Board Secretariat solution:
This is where there is no secretariat support for a Board.
Below is a list of the most common tasks a Board needs from their secretariat. This is not a complete list of duties and can be customised based on the organisation’s needs. All of these duties can be undertaken remotely.
- Meeting schedules and venue bookings
- Arranging speakers and visitors
- Preparation and distribution of Board papers either electronically or hard copies
- Travel management
- Tracking and scheduling of annual reviews of policies and procedures
- Governance guidelines and policies
- Minute taking
- Tracking actions
- Processing payments for Council members
- Licenses and purchase of IT
- Updating websites
- Drafting correspondence and reports as required including the Annual Report
- Onboarding new Board members
As a guide for a Board that meets quarterly the Secretariat can be expected to work, on average, 10-15 hours per month.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.